On-site parking for contractors working at University buildings or grounds is extremely limited. The U-M Project Manager can facilitate contractor parking arrangements with Parking & Transportation Services.
Daily permits are available at the PTS office located at 523 South Division Street. Permits are restricted to locations identified by PTS, based on space availability. Permit costs are determined by the parking location.
Unless you already have an account established with PTS, you must make full payment for permits. If you would like to open an account, please call (734) 764-8291, and we will be glad to help you.
For long-term construction projects, parking is limited either to fenced construction laydown areas or to assigned areas. In some cases, permits may be required in laydown areas; this will be determined by PTS and the University's construction manager at the time a laydown is established.
Parking on a University sidewalk is an option only when it is critical to the completion of a job, and the following rules must be followed:
- A minimum aisle of six feet must be maintained. Cones must be placed at each end of the vehicle.
- If a six-foot aisle cannot be maintained or if the entire sidewalk must be blocked, barricades must be placed at the nearest pedestrian crossing posted with "Sidewalk Closed - Cross Here" signage.
- Driveways that cross sidewalks must remain open at all times.
The City of Ann Arbor must approve City sidewalk closures in advance. Phone (734) 994-2674, then press '9' for assistance.
Lane (Street) Closures
On University streets, lanes may be closed only if no other alternatives are available to complete a job assignment.
- A minimum of seven days prior notice is required.
- Contact the University of Michigan Department of Public Safety at (734) 763-3434 for approval.
The City of Ann Arbor must approve City lane and street closures in advance. Phone (734) 994-2744 for assistance with lane closures and (734) 994-2674, then press '9' for assistance with street closures.
Bagging of University meters is an option when there is a need for access to make deliveries of equipment or to perform work.
- A minimum of three days prior notice is required.
- Note the meter number(s) or ParkMaster space number(s) and the lot number (located below the entrance sign).
- Phone (734) 647-3615 for assistance.
For assistance to bag City meters, phone (734) 761-7235, or fax (734) 668-6479.