University of Michigan Logistics, Transportation & Parking
Logistics, Transportation & Parking (LTP) provides logistics, transportation and parking services for employees, students, departments and visitors at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor campus. The department oversees Waste Management, Moving and Trucking and Material Services. LTP also operates and maintains over 27,000 parking spaces, provides campus bus service 360 days a year with roughly 55 buses serving 12 routes, maintains a fleet of approximately 1,000 vehicles of various types and uses, and offers vanpool and other transportation alternatives to our campus community.
Second Parking Structure to be Constructed on Wall Street
The university plans to build a second parking structure on Wall Street to accommodate the continued demand for parking. The $39.5 million project was approved by the Board of Regents at its meeting Thursday, December 7. Funding will be provided from Logistics, Transportation & Parking resources. The seven-story, 1,050-space parking structure will be built over an existing 130-space surface lot. The new structure also allows the university to prepare for the potential loss of 250 parking spaces leased by the university on Fuller Road, where the new Amtrak station is proposed to be built.
Design is scheduled to begin immediately and the university will return with a construction schedule with approval of a schematic design.See the full article at The Record. . .
LT&P Holiday Service Levels 2017-2018
Parking Customer Services
Offices will be closed as follows:
- 523 S. Division St. office will be closed December 23 and will reopen at 7:30 AM January 2.
- UH South office will be closed December 23 and will reopen at 7:30 AM January 2.
U-M Transit Services
There will be NO BUS SERVICE on December 25 or January 1. Regular campus and UMHS bus service will be modified as follows:
- Northwood Express and Diag-to-Diag will run through December 12 (the last day of classes) and resume January 3 (the day classes resume).
- Bursley/Baits and Oxford Shuttle routes will run through December 21 and resume January 2.
- Northwood route will run regular service through December 21 and will resume January 2. During season days:
- December 22-24 and December 26-31: Northwood buses will run every 40 minutes and will follow the